Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

January 31, 2011

dc metro quilt

seriously, my quilt bee is awesome. This is the first bee for all of us, and I happened upon the first month to be the 'queen.'

I gave them a visual topic: DC metro stations (here is a photo I took on my phone)

photo 2

I asked them to use photos of metro stations as inspiration for a block with at least one dimension of 10", made with any fabric but pink. Keep in mind, my month is February, and some ladies have already finished.

Here are some of the sketches that Saricx created.
1Sketch



Miss Carol Ann has finished her blocks. Here is one of them...
First TimeBee February Block

I love how she incorporated the red warning lights!

I will definitely keep posting these beauties, but I want to do them one or two at a time because they are all SO GREAT and deserve special attention! I am so glad that I decided not to pick a specific block.  My fellow bees are so talented, and I am glad that they get to show off their unique skills. I cannot say enough about how excited I am for this quilt. Now I need to kick my butt in gear and work on my own additions to the quilt :)

thanks gals. a bunch.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous! What a great inspiration (I used to live in D.C. and spent my fair share of time staring at that gray pattern). And I just love the sketches and Carol Ann's block, what creative interpretations of the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete