Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

January 6, 2011

Modern Meadow Wallet v1.0

I made this pretty little thing based on Noodlehead's gathered clutch tutorial (you know, only the most popular thing with a zipper).

Gathered wallet #1

It is a wallet, in case you haven't guessed, made out of Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow (also been around the block a few times). It is held together by a sewn-in elastic piece (a headband gave its life for that). Let me tell you, this was my first up-close-and-personal interaction with my machine. By that I mean really small pieces. This might explain my lack of intricacy and precision. Perhaps I should have put on the old reading glasses. Here is a little view of the inside pre-construction.

Gathered wallet #2

I'll be honest, I loved this thing for a couple days, but the headband started to unravel (yikes!) so my cards keep slipping out. No good. I hope to try again soon to make this little guy a replacement. For now, it just stays tucked away in my purse 24/7, lest I lose a credit card or five.

cheers!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment