Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

January 30, 2011

weekend progression

It was marathon cutting-piecing-quilting-binding in my house.

postage stamp ip

Quilting my postage stamp quilt. Top is done, count me in that drawing! Looking at it now, I can say I love it. Had you asked me my feelings mid-48-square-construction, you would also be asking to get your head bit off. Okay not that terrible, but still. This felt so monotonous, but also so easy. I guess I traded complexity for time. Or maybe I just noticed the time more because there was no complexity.

When I made it back from a conference in DC (snow leads to canceled flights and extra nights), I was able to do more than gaze longingly at my sliced coins fabric (have you seen the quilt along over at Don't Call Me Betsy?).  I cut, placed, and began assembling that quilt. Let me tell you, so much faster than that postage stamp. Sunny and warm day calls for an equally sunny photo :)

sliced coins construction

What did you work on this weekend?

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those look great. My weekend was spent finishing up my Cosmo Bag for an Amy Butler Style Stitches Sew Along. Pictures coming tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, those are both going to be lovely and the composition of the sliced coins quilt is just perfect! I have my sliced coins laid out and just need to find the time to sew them together. :)

    ReplyDelete