Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

January 20, 2011

the next big mountain

Clothes. That's right, clothes. I'm not talking the 'take this up two inches' kind, I'm talking the 'from scratch' kind. I am starting off with what I am hoping will be easy-ish. No darts, no special fitting, no waistband, just a raincoat. [Maybe a raincoat doesn't count?]

raincoat

Goodness. This photo intimidates me. Any advice for a fledgling little clothing sewer?

More help needed! My iron bit the dust last night (big time), and my ironing board is rusting with a defunct cover. Any tips on finding new ones or recommendations of types/brands? Does the ironing board really make a difference, and if so, where would I shop for a good one?

thanks so much in advance :)
Mary

1 comment:

  1. Mary,
    I don't think the ironing board makes a huge difference, although you might want to get the longest one you can find/and have room for in order to iron big pieces of fabric (like quilts!). The iron? I've had Rowentas in the past but now I have a Black & Decker I purchased on Amazon and am very happy with it. It was highly rated. Just found the # F 1060.

    You can make garments! Before you do anything else - read the directions again and again. If the pattern is tissue paper, iron it. After that, just follow the directions and google things you don't understand. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete