Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

January 4, 2011

Knot Quilt

Linking up to Quiltstory's Fabric Tuesday for the first time... talk about nervous.

Wedding Knot Quilt #1

My intent was to make my now husband a handmade gift for our wedding. I figured it would be fun if I could give him something useful and entertaining. He is finishing his PhD in Math, and what little I know about his research sometimes involves knots (or at least the study of knots entertains him, like this kind).  A quick google on "quilt" and "knot" revealed the wedding knot quilt except TLC hadn't yet owned it... Anyway, I bought the fabric plenty of months in advance. Then family tragedy struck. I finished one block before the wedding in May. I felt like a terrible wife. So when I finally had time to make anything besides memorial quilts and Christmas presents, I jumped right on this project! I was so happy to finish it in just 3 days, with just the hand quilting to finish (pardon the safety pins). He seems to like it a whole bunch, even if it isn't as mystical as his mathy-math-ness.

Wedding Knot Quilt #2

pardon the shadowy photo, tried to get something before sunset but no luck!

1 comment:

  1. That looks hard! I really like it. What a great design! Good work. Thanks for linking to Quiltstory!

    ReplyDelete