Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

February 17, 2011

runabout jacket

right off the bat, any tips for someone whose new darning foot will be arriving in the mail today? this person does not have any experience using said presser foot or free-motion quilting...[FYI this person is me]

on another note, I scrambled this morning to finish button holes, buttons, and the belt for my runabout jacket (a.k.a. raincoat redo) so that I could switch the thread color in my machine and get back to quilting.
runabout jacket

Here it is on the back of my chair at work today! It kind of resembles a cross between my grandmother's couch and a certain pair of pants I used to own as a child (zubas), but trust me, it's a beauty in real life. Check out my raincoat if you want to see it full scale. I figure I will save you (but mostly me) another posey picture of myself :)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new foot! You'll love it. Definitely check out Oh Fransson's free motion quilting tutorial if you haven't.
    http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransson/2009/03/quilt-along-14-freemotion-quilting.html

    I also found it helpful to watch videos of people free motion quilting on YouTube. And definitely practice first! It takes awhile to figure out the tension.

    Love your zubas coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun with it!!!! nothing to it...using it; that is...I'm no free motion expert by any means...just learning here....but it is fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! Those colors are fabulous! I agree with checking out Oh Fransson...just practice practice practice before working on something for real. You'll love it once you get the hang of it! Also check out: http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/ Leah's blog is great with lots of designs to check out! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the raincoat, the purse that matches, and the runabout! You are a great seamstress, and I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete