Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

February 4, 2011

happy anniversary hubs!

It's our dating anniversary. And the anniversary of our engagement. Two for one :)  It's the first anniversary that we celebrated as a couple, so it is hard to let our wedding anniversary completely replace it.

anniversary gift

Made him this little gift. I had plans for it before I heard about "Put a bird on it," but it adds a little extra humor I suppose. All this needs is a hoop for a home, and we'll be all set. I used scraps from my most recent quilt, and muslin from my grandmother. She put a note on it saying "very high quality muslin, they do not make it like this anymore, do not burn!" She put that kind of note on a lot of things before she passed away. Lots of concern for burning :)

Anyway, that's the secret hubs gift. Happy anniversary, my love!

5 comments:

  1. So cute! How sweet is it that you used Innocent Crush? :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that is so sweet. : ) I'm a sucker for anything with birds on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! My husband and I seem to gloss over/forget about our wedding anniversary and the day we got engaged, but we go all out for the day we got together as a couple.

    I think it has to do with the fact that there really isn't an exact date -- it's the first home game after the first bye weekend on the LSU football schedule every year 0:) Which was Mississippi State the year we got together. Hell, I even know the score of the game. I just can't remember the actual /date/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable! Love the "do not burn" totally like something my grandma would say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looks great Mary!! I need to learn how to stitch like you.

    ReplyDelete