Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

March 9, 2011

work in progress wednesday

I'm a little late again, but dang the people linking up at Freshly Pieced sure do have a lot going on!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

This past week has been a little uneventful with respect to sewing. I got to meet my sewing buddy in person this week (whom I got through Whipstitch), and let me tell you, I could not be more inspired to keep sewing. She is incredibly talented. She deserves her very own post one day.

I spent most of my weekend working on some hemming for a friend-of-a-friend. I started free-motion quilting my sliced coins quilt after that, and I have been doing so every morning before work. A nice little creative pick-me-up for the day.

pre-work FMQ

I'm maybe a third of the way finished on the FMQ - I'm taking the tortoise path for this one :)

I also worked on cutting the last bit of clothing for the memorial quilts, dividing all the squares up for each quilt, and then finalized a design for my sister's version. Note to self: rayon and Mary do not work well together.

memorial quilts

On Saturday, I got to babysit for some friends who are newly parents ("got to" :) yes I wanted to hang out with the baby!), and I brought along some hexagons to keep me entertained for a bit. I ended up going with different fabrics for each hex, and since we are making two blocks each, I am making one 'warm' version and one 'cool' version. I think they will look cute.

March bee blocks

New:
-Nothing! What? How did this happen?!

Processing:
-sliced coins quilt
-monochrome quilt (due March 31st.)
-memorial quilts (finally underway!)
-March bee blocks
-DC quilt
-Hideaway quilt

I took a few things off this week...decided that this list should simply be things I have actively worked on in the last 3 months :)

I hope y'all are having a wonderfully creative and productive week. Til next time...

Mary

5 comments:

  1. Ok...now if that is uneventful....what do yu get done when you do work at it????...lol quilting looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, tell me how you are processing the Hideaway quilt! I want to buy some so bad but don't know what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Love the hexies and the FMQ-ing! It's nice to do a bit each day isn't' it? Even if it's just for a few minutes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Free Motion Quilting looks fabulous! I love the little loop de loops. Your hexies are making me drool. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy hexies! Love 'em so much. And your quilting looks beautiful.

    Thanks for linking up! Have a fabulous week. : )

    ReplyDelete