Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

March 20, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

So I was minding my own business, soaking up some rays, generally being a bum on vacation, and suddenly my phone beeps, letting me know I have an email. Intrigued (as usual), I check it, and it is an email from Jessica over at Sew Crafty Jess letting me know that she likes my blog enough to nominate it for the Stylish Blogger Award.



Sure made my day / vacation; I was surprised, excited, and flattered all at the same time. I suppose you could say I'm still shocked that I have a few non-family-member followers. Jessica's Doll Quilt Swap quilt is stunning, I am so impressed by her meticulous technique. And then she had to go and make the most adorable pin toppers to send along with the quilt. She is definitely an endless inspiration! Go check out her blog, you won't be let down :)

Here are the details of this fun little recognition:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Award 6 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and tell them about the award.
Without further ado, in no particular order, here are seven random [because that's how I roll] facts about me.
1. I am on an endless cycle of trying to quit diet coke. I will go a few weeks without it, but it always sucks me back. I've learned it is easier if I do not restrict all caffeine, just diet coke.

2. My sewing machine is from Targhetto, and the thing is built like a beast. I'm going to run it into the ground, much like my car I still drive from college. I love them both, and it shows.

3. I have a zombie plant in my living room (a peace lily) that has literally come back from death at least five times.  Not sure if that means I have a green thumb, because I let the thing die and then water it.

4. My husband and I have a bouncy ball for the sole purpose of throwing it at the ceiling when our upstairs neighbors keep us up at night.

5. My budgeting has now become relative to fabric, and opportunity costs are always on my mind. I've given up such things as hair cuts, lunches out-to-eat, and diet coke (see #1) because I'd rather buy more fabric.

6. My dad hid a $1 bill with a note saying "Mary - you found it!" in a Chronicles of Narnia book when I was a kid. I didn't find it until I was 24.

7. I love nerd shows...like "How It's Made." For the one month that we had cable, I would waste entire days sitting in front of the TV watching them, and when 8pm rolled around, I would blink and wonder what the heck I've been doing all day.

Now onto some of my favorite bloggers that deserve this award. These are the people that I hit "refresh" on google reader for, just to see if they've got something new. Okay, not that obsessive, but I do look forward to their posts. I know this isn't six, but I am already late getting this out!

Katie's Korner - Katie can sew like none other, and she always seems to whip out quilts like nobody's business. She recently completed a baby boy quilt and found a way to sneak in an Auburn plug. She also has a tutorial on creating perfect mitered corners on your quilts - so helpful, you should check it out.

The Healthy PhD - Full disclosure, she is not a craft blogger, and she may or may not have been my next-door neighbor freshman year, but DANG this girl can make healthy food stylish.  She has an innate ability to combine fresh ingredients into the most deliciously pretty concoction you could imagine. And she has lots of ideas for those of us that do not get most of our protein from meat :)


BBB / History Quilter - Susan is not only one of the nicest folks around, she has a great podcast where she discusses the history of quilting. What's more stylish than the past? Vintage is the new modern.

With that said, I pretty much love all your blogs. Seriously. This blogging community has been nothing but a blessing for my creative expression. Thank you all.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Stylish Blogger Award! It is well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations, and I love number 6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, shoot! I'm blushing over here, Mary. Thanks for the kind words!

    And can we talk about Diet Coke? I have a serious problem, and it's just a matter of time before it burns a hole in my stomach. I used to be okay with 1 diet coke a day. A can. Now I'm still okay with 1, but it has to be a giant styrofoam cup, like from Sonic. Help!

    ReplyDelete