Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

March 15, 2011

a new tunic? ok.

Linking up to Quiltstory's Fabric Tuesday today :)

Prior to heading out for FL, I finished this little schoolhouse tunic from Sew Liberated

schoolhouse tunic 3

I am SO not a fan of posing, and my goal is usually to just look like a goof :) Success?

This pattern was so easy! It took me maybe 2 hours from first cut to final fit. Maybe.

Here's a view of the back, with just one box pleat, thanks to Sean taking a sneaky photo (can you see him in the window reflection?)

schoolhouse tunic 1

I got this fabric from fabric.com for just $1.98/yd. It's a poly-cotton shirting fabric, but it sure did un-stiffen well with a quick wash.

One last photo...another sneak-a-peak from hubs of me enjoying the sunshine.

schoolhouse tunic 2

Thanks for swinging by y'all :)

Mary

6 comments:

  1. you did a very nice job...lol..I always make faces instead of posing....my husband hates it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Sneaky husband is doing a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fantastic job! Congratulations.

    I've been eyeing this pattern for so long; I wish our LQSs carried it to see if it would be worth while for me to purchase, since God decided to bless me with a chest and athletics gave me a back, every pattern has to be altered to fit.

    P.S. I'm glad to hear someone else is purposefully silly when being photographed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I wish I was confident enough to sew something for myself! Maybe one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post made me laugh :) We sound similar! Very cute little tunic too. Thanks for linking to Fabric Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete