Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

January 18, 2012

WiP Wednesday: The Sewing Space

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

If you are just swinging by, my husband and I just moved to Maryland. First thing on the WiP list this week was to get my sewing space set up.  It is really a built-in desk space that is our shared computer-craft nook, but we'll see who ends up using it more...

new sewing space 2    new sewing space 1 

Ta-Da! It's functional! I would like to point out the spool holder that my dad made me for Christmas. It is a gem.

Some things I have left in their boxes, waiting for them to find their natural place in the room. They might end up staying in boxes indefinitely, who knows.  Getting this done yesterday and this morning allowed me to actually SEW today! First time in a month or so. Yikes. 

I needed a small dish in which to put my often-worn jewelry. Having it strewn about on various counter tops just was not working. I had seen a dish like this one in one of the many blog posts I ran across. Of course, that was before my participation in Pinterest, so I cannot track it down now. (i.e. I do not claim to be the originator of this idea.) [**Found it, and its accompanying tutorial, at Sew In-Between)

jewelry dish


I used Cloud 9 Nature Walk that I have been hoarding for months (literally, it made the trip from Atlanta to Maryland, back to Atlanta, and now back to Maryland).

As for other WiPs... I am currently reserving my monetary resources for one large project: reupholstering two antique chairs that are finally out of storage. That means the fabric, muslin, batting, foam, buttons, paint+supplies, stays, nails, staples, etc.

Therefore, I have tabled all projects that would require purchasing anything (like batting...). That pretty much knocks all quilts off the list, and makes way for many a stash-busting / scrap-only projects, of which I have zero. Give me five minutes on Pinterest, though, and I will have a list a mile long :)

I apologize for the lack of process talk. Unfortunately, there just isn't any! Check out everyone else's progress, link your own, and say hi to Lee over at Freshly Pieced!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, you're back! I love the dish! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Glad you're back. Your sewing space looks very nice and tidy. Love the dish, and good luck on the upholstery project. Oof.

    P.S. Isn't spending money on batting the worst? It makes me grumpy, even when I have a coupon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a dish. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute dish. Ok now you need to be careful with the staple gun when you reupholster those chairs! :)

    ReplyDelete