Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

June 1, 2011

twisted shoulders are all the rage

right?

twisted shoulder

because if so, this dress was well on its way to the runway. Let me tell you a story. From the beginning of using this pattern (Simplicity 2886), I was convinced the zipper was up the back. Convinced. So you could understand how, after finishing the bodice, I was wondering where the seam down the back of the skirt was. It was up the side, that's where.

I grabbed my seam ripper, took out the side seam, and removed the back basting that I had invented. In the process of sewing the back seam according to the pattern, I somehow managed to twist the front of the bodice a full 360. Result: a fancy twisted shoulder strap. One more round with the seam ripper and I was all squared away.

simplicity 2886

fancy nancy! now I just need a place to where it.

and my favorite part?

pockets!

pockets!

I got this fabric while shopping the Memorial Day sale at Joann's with a friend (hi you!). in total, it was $8, plus a $1 zipper, and $1 to get the correct size of pattern. That's a $10 dress. Okay maybe a little more to pay for the lining fabric, but still.

Hope y'all are having a great week :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh crap! Well, it's an adorable dress! And pockets are the best! My wedding dress had a pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to give you credit...because besides quilts; I sew nothing!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up. The dress is super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is adorable! Thats totally something I would do....

    ReplyDelete