Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

May 25, 2011

work in progress 5.25

I'm back! Thank goodness. Still haven't accomplished much, but I encourage you to check out how everyone else's week was over at Freshly Pieced.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Seriously, the most I have gotten accomplished in the last three weeks really does not involve sewing. It did involve a week of this...

vacation

then a fun pack drive up the east coast for our move to Baltimore. We probably looked like crazy people with all our stuff. Our car looked like we were trying to be low ridin' except we weren't trying to at all. I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want to admit it looked that bad for fear that we would blow a tire or a shock or an axle or something. I'd say about a third of the car (a grand am) was filled with sewing stuff. Sean and I each had about a carry-on's worth of clothes. The rest was camping and miscellaneous stuff, plus two road bikes strapped to the back.

Onto the fun stuff. Thanks to my hard-working husband, I now get to sew a LOT in my new floor workspace.

new workspace!

The ironing board did not make the cut, and since we have roommates, I don't feel right taking up the entire kitchen table. I worked for the past couple of days to finish one of the memorial quilt tops.

green memorial quilt

I plopped it in the pile with the blue quilt from this post. Lack of AC on the main floor means I have to really be in the mood to quilt or be willing to sit in our cave of a bedroom for a while.

So...where does that put me in my list? Not sure, so I am starting over.

In Progress
memorial quilts (2 pieced, 4 to go) - definitely a top priority

To-do
hideaway quilt (one day I will actually get the courage to cut into this fabric)
May bee blocks
lots of other stuff...

7 comments:

  1. The quilt looks like it will be wonderful when it is complete, I really like the different color blues you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been busy!! That quilt is beautiful, cant wait to see it finished up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She lives! I'm glad to hear you're safe and sound (although a bit farther north).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the move went all right. Hope you have fun with all your new sewing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There you are! Glad to hear you're settling down and still enjoying yourself. Have fun while you're up there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilt is looking good, hopefully you will get a good opportunity to quilt it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you made it! Hope you enjoy Mary-land. :)

    ReplyDelete