Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

April 13, 2011

Work in progress Wednesday [4.13]

It has been too long since I linked up to WiP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

It has been a fun week. My mother-in-law visited, so of course I had to bring her to the Whipstitch Fabrics store, where I promptly purchased a fat quarter set of Habitat with a groupon from hubs. We had a baby shower to attend on Saturday, and I kind of waited until the last minute to make a gift [I had already given the mommy-to-be a quilt, so I didn't feel too bad for waiting].

diaper holder

I swear I saw this little diaper-and-wipe holder someplace, but I cannot find it. If you happen to remember where I might have seen it, please let me know...I don't want to rip someone else's work off!

Besides that little gift, I also finished a skirt, and continued to work on the QAYG monster.

qayg monster!

Seriously. A basicgrey backed monster.

qayg finish

I can't even get a good clear picture of the whole thing in our little apartment. But the good news is that it's done and on its way to its owner! Check. For the QAYG, I machine-stitched the backs together, then folded over the seam on the front and used an edge stitch to finish it off.

Perhaps a tutorial? A very nice person left a comment on my last post asking about it, but they are a no-reply commenter, so I can't get back to you!! Sorry!

Anyway, I don't even know where I am at with my list, but I know my next project is to create some samples for my parents for their little business, Philly's Inc. Also need to help the Easter bunny fill a friend's children's baskets. Then, back to the memorial quilts :)

Happy WiP Wednesday, y'all! Have a productive and fun week!

Mary

6 comments:

  1. Awesome job, Mary! I love the loopy stitching in your picture, looks fantastic. A tute sounds like a great idea for the finishing of your QAYG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great WIPs!! Love that QAYG loopy quilting, I second a tutorial for finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your quilt! I would love to see how you joined your QAYG blocks, I am considering several methods for a couple of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! That's an awfully pretty monster. I'd love to see how you put it together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stuff! I also love the QAYG quilting. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete