Header-Desktop

Home About Tutorials Patterns Shop Main Image Map

March 2, 2011

works in progress 3.2

It's been another week...yikes! My husband accused me of adding things to my list just to procrastinate to the extreme because I miss being in grad school. No. I don't miss school, but old habits die hard.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I finished three more coats.  And now I am fully prepared to do some quilting. I started making the HSTs for the memorial quilts - this one is for my sister Nicole. The purple fabric (a.k.a. the material that my feed dogs just slip over) is from an outfit that our grandma wore to her wedding.

memorial quilt - Nicole

I ordered a bunch of my favorite batting yesterday, so I have no excuse to not get rolling on these quilts.

I also got all of the blocks from my First TimerBee group. I mentioned a while back that I had given the group a few photos of DC metro stations as inspiration, and look what these rock stars came up with!

quilt bee blocks!

Now all I need to do is fill in the spaces, add some sashing, and enjoy this work of art! I also need to get rolling on the March blocks. We are doing Grandmother's Flower Garden...my first hexagon experience.

firsttime bee March


recap
Finishes:
-three more runabout jackets
-home management book

New:
-DC quilt
-March bee blocks

Processing:
-sliced coins quilt (purchased batting...soooooon!)
-crochet scarf for just me (back burner. probably will fall off the list until the fall)
-monochrome quilt (due March 31st.)
-first quilt
-memorial quilts (finally underway!)
-Hideaway quilt

Thanks for coming through! Head over to Freshly Pieced to check out what everyone else has been working on!

7 comments:

  1. Your Bee blocks are so colorful and fun!
    Can't wait to see it all together in a quilt!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i love memory quilts, can't wait to see yours come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Bee blocks! Can't wait to see how it comes out. I haven't been brave enough to tackle hexagons yet, but your fabric selection looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bee blocks are incredible! I love how everybody came up with something so different and cool from the Metro Station inspiration.

    Can't wait to see your Hideaway quilt. I've got a plan for mine, but it's waaaaay down on the priority list. : (

    Thanks for linking up, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have so much going (and done!) Quick question, how are you liking being a part of a bee?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome bee blocks! Looking forward to seeing your progress on that quilt.

    ReplyDelete